Cheesy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sliders are a fully loaded perfectly portable hand held breakfast. All of your favorite breakfast fixin’s come together with the most amazing and unexpected glaze to create the perfect Brinner (breakfast or dinner). We love these for game day and let me tell you they are amazingly convenient for tailgating! We love these sliders, Chad calls them a ‘handful of yum’. Can’t beat that endorsement!
- 2 (12 oz) pork sausage rolls
- 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Warm large skillet over medium heat. Form sausage into 12 patties, slightly larger than one dinner roll. Add sausage to skillet and cook until completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, cut rolls in half lengthwise (without breaking apart). Place bottom half of rolls in 7×10-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish; set tops aside.
- Scoop scrambled eggs onto bottom rolls; top with pepper jack. Place sausage on top of pepper jack and top with American cheese. Carefully top with top buns.
- Combine melted butter and maple syrup in small bowl. Brush over tops of rolls allowing sauce to drip down sides and into bottom. Use entire amount.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Serve and enjoy!
- To make for tailgating use a disposable foil pan or wrap individually in foil and keep warm. Sliders can be prepared a day ahead and popped in the oven before the big game.