Top 10 facts about meat:
- The average British family spends £12.50 a week on meats and meat preparations and £12.60 on alcoholic drinks and tobacco products.
- There are almost 19 billion chickens on Earth; they outnumber humans by almost three to one. We eat about 100 million tons of poultry every year.
- In Brunei, there are 40 times as many chickens as people.
- New Zealand has 7.5 sheep and 2.3 cows for every person in the country.
- Uruguay, with 3.7 cows per person, is the only country that beats New Zealand on cows.
- On February 18, 1930 in St Louis, Elm Farm Ollie was the first cow to fly in an aeroplane and Elsworth W Bunce was first to milk a flying cow.
- The average American eats 88.3kg of meat a year; the average Briton eats 44.9kg.
- In Denmark, there are more than twice as many pigs as people.
- The word ‘carnival’ originally meant ‘a farewell to meat’ referring to the Christian tradition of giving up meat during Lent.
- “Heaven sends us good meat but the Devil sends cooks,” (David Garrick, actor, 1717-79).
I have to admit this actually might be the best steak marinade I’ve ever had.
Clean the wings
after adding salt
chicken spice and a small amount of oil and mix.
Put the chicken wings in the oven for 45minutes.
In a pan, fry onion, add garlic. Add sweet chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and stir until everything is mixed together. Add the sauce to the wings and enjoy.