Flavorful spiced and crispy chicken skin with tender and juicy meat inside baked to golden brown perfection. These Oven-baked Chicken Thighs recipe is as easy and straightforward as it gets. An oil-free, simple chicken recipe that your whole family will enjoy!
- 5 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (convection setting if possible).
- Dry chicken thighs with paper towels really well to remove all the excess moisture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together.
- Rub the spice mix all over each thigh.
- Lay the chicken thighs on the parchment paper, leaving space between the pieces.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Once the thighs are fully cooked, you can uses their juices to baste each piece
Do not use baking soda in place of baking powder – it will not turn out the same. If you have a baking stone, this will work especially well, no parchment paper needed.