These delectable Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes will certainly be added to my list of favorite cupcakes in the future! They’re every bit as tasty as a traditional-sized pineapple upside-down cake, but they’re prettier, funnier, and less messy when served in these individual-sized serving containers.
I like these cupcakes because they are just one of those wonderful old-fashioned recipes that your mother or grandmother used to make, but they are baked into cupcakes instead of cookies! The fact that I could easily have three of these in a single sitting explains why I’ll be cooking them again tomorrow for the second time this week.
I’m having friends round for a steak dinner, and I thought these would make the ideal dessert to accompany it. I was right. Pineapple and a juicy steak seem to go together like chocolate and peanut butter, don’t they?
These are really very simple to create; they take just a few stages and are completed in a short period. I assure you that it is well worth the additional effort. Whatever you do, don’t forget to include the maraschino cherries in your dessert. Everything would simply be different if they weren’t there. In most cases, you may get cherries in the grocery store among the canned fruit or in the ice cream cones section of the shop. My children are enthralled by the items (oh, and me too). I have to keep them hidden when I purchase them, or else they become the first thing kids ask for on a daily basis.
TO MAKE THESE TINY TREATS, YOU ONLY NEED:
• A stick.Of butter, you need to melt it.
• 1½ Cups.Of brown sugar.
• Maraschino cherries, I used 24.
• One large can.Of crushed pineapple, use the 20-ounces sized.
• A “Pineapple cake mix” Box.
• 3 whole eggs.
• 1⅓ cups.Of pineapple juice.
• ⅓ cup.Of vegetable oil
• One large spoon.Of confectioners’ sugar for dusting.
• Cooking spray
• 1st Step: In the beginning, you need to place an oven rack in the center of the oven, and set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C).
• 2nd Step: The second thing to do, is using cooking spray to coat 24 muffin cups, and prepare a work surface by lining it with waxed paper.
• 3rd Step: After that, you need to fill the bottom of each muffin cup with 1 teaspoon melted butter that has been sprayed, then fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
• 4th Step: In each muffin cup, place a maraschino cherry in the middle of the brown sugar to form a cherry ring.
• 5th Step: Place a heaping spoonful of crushed pineapple on top of the cherry and press it down with the back of a spoon to create an equal layer of pineapple.
• 6th Step: In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine the pineapple cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and vegetable oil until moistened, about 30 seconds.
• 7th Step: Following that, increase the mixer speed to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
• 8th Step: Fill the muffin cups almost to the brim with pineapple cake batter, but don’t go overboard with the filling.
• 9th Step: At this step, bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
• 10th Step: And make sure the cupcakes have cooled for at least 5 minutes before flipping them onto the waxed paper to release the cupcakes.
• 11th Step: Serve the pineapple and cherries with the pineapple and cherries facing up. Confectioners’ sugar should be gently sprinkled on top of the cupcakes.
HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!!